Meta has begun trying its verification service in India. Which means you can now sign up for the wait list to receive a blue tick on Facebook and Instagram.
If you sign up through the app on your Android or iPhone, the monthly subscription charge for the service is $1,450. However, paying $1,099 per month to subscribe online will be less expensive. For online subscriptions, Meta won’t have to split the revenue with Google or Apple.
Mark Zuckerberg announced the introduction of Meta Verified in February to improve authenticity and security across all Meta services. The programme was first introduced in Australia and New Zealand before being expanded to the US. After receiving positive feedback from early testing.
The Benefits of the Meta Verified Badge–
According to Mark Zuckerberg, Meta Verified wants to increase the trustworthiness and security of its services. When you sign up for Meta Verified, you’ll receive a verified badge and account protection from impersonation efforts.
This implies that Meta will take action to stop anyone from impersonating you. Instead of a bot, you can get genuine customer service as a subscriber. In the event that you are unable to view a user’s profile image, you can ask Meta for help.
Meta claims that paying the regular fees will also make you more visible and have a wider audience. People will see more of your content in their feeds, search results, and comments.
Additionally, new users who register will get 100 free monthly stars, the virtual money used by Meta, as well as special stickers.
How to Subscribe to Meta Verified–
To enrol in Meta Verified, users must meet certain requirements and place their name on the waitlist. They must be at least 18 years old, have previous Facebook or Instagram experience, and present a government-issued ID with their name and photo that exactly match those on their Facebook or Instagram accounts.
Verification Process for Facebook accounts:
- Go to your Facebook account settings and click on the “General” option.
- Click on “Page Verification” and then “Verify this Page.”
- Choose the verification method that suits you, either by phone or documents.
- Enter the necessary details and submit the documents required, such as a government-issued ID card.
- Wait for Facebook to review your application
Verification Process for Instagram accounts:
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” and then “Account.”
- Tap on “Request Verification” and enter your account information, including your full name and a government-issued ID card with your name and date of birth.
- Submit your application and wait for Instagram to review your request.
Tips for getting Verified on Facebook and Instagram:
- Make sure your account is complete with a profile picture, bio, and other relevant information.
- Have a significant following and engagement on your account.
- Be active on the platform and follow the community guidelines.